We’re all a little bit unsure what to do with ourselves here in the UK now the Olympics is over! But what a great games it turned out to be! I don’t usually watch so much sport, but have been glued to these games! Here’s some of my highlights:
- Jessica Ennis wining the heptathalon despite the enormous pressure on her
- Usain Bolt winning 3 gold medals
- David Rudisha new world record in 800m, what lovely style!
- USA women's 100m (I think) relay team new WR (Love the name: Carmelita Jeter)
- Mo Farrah winning 10,000m and 5,000m, and his mo-bot!
- The wonderful support and noise the crowds gave, and how grateful the athletes were!
- The whole GB cycling team (not to forget the rowing team)
- That women were allowed to compete in every sport and that every country included women in their teams
- Nicola Adams winning the first women's boxing Olympic gold
- Tom Daley winning the bronze in the diving and being so darned happy about it!
- Going to see the volleyball, being there at a real Olympic event!
That was going to be my top 10, but I just read out my list to Lucy and she said 'not the volleyball then', so I just had to add another one!!!