Not exactly on my worktop, but was yesterday! These are the final pages for my ‘Home’ album. This particular page I had actually made a good while ago. It is based on a page from Shimelle’s ‘No place like Home’ class, which was what inspired me to do this album. I hadn’t done any journaling on this DLO until yesterday. I had a sudden burst of inspiration and decided to journal about the Quirks of this House!
- we have 2 front doors (can be seen in this photo of DH and the dog). They lead into a shallow porch from which there is just 1 door into the hall. We often get junk mail delivered through both letterboxes, delivery people think we are flats.
- Our doorbell goes off in thunderstorms! I guess it must be something to do with static electricity as it is battery operated. It’s a musical doorbell that plays several tunes. Merlin (the dog) loves to ‘sing’ along to the tunes!
- There is a crack in the bathroom wall that won’t go away! As soon as DH fills it – it reappears. It doesn’t appear to get any worse though, maybe just a little expand and contract with the weather.
- The weird shape of all the rooms. Who designed this house? It’s an L shape with the hall across the inner corner. When I tried to draw out the floor plan for this album I really couldn’t do it without standing in each room. But… that’s what gives it so much character!
- The lamp on the newel post on the stairs. Funnily enough it was exactly the same as on DH’s Dad had! It’s all wired in to the light switch. Who thought of that?
- Whenever I am cooking something with a strong smell, you can smell it hours later upstairs! There must be a waft of air up the stairs. I wonder what drives that?
And here’s the final page of the album. I pulled out all the photos in #cold storage’ that I hadn’t used and used my square punch on them! I love pages like this, they look stunning and come together really quickly.
Don’t forget to check out other people’s WOYWW? at Julia’s blog.