Monday 13 November 2017

Memo, Mail & Me: It's Monday November 13th

I have been meaning to post more regularly on my blog for a while, and what better motivator than joining in with Memo, Mail & Me on Patio Postcards blog.

Christmas preparations are well under way here.  I like to be as organised as possible before December starts.  So far, I have started to make some gifts for friends (more on these later), and have bought my Christmas cake ingredients.  Then yesterday we went to a big Marks and Spence store nearby and bought a few gifts.

In the mail I received these cute vintage children's patterns.  I am intending to frame some of them and sell them on my Etsy shop.  I have been procrastinating on this and am therefore sadly a bit late for this Christmas!

  

This morning I have been out for a walk around some local gardens and coffee with my oldest friend (that is, the friend I have known for the longest time, not that she is old!).  We met at high school, so have known each other over 40 years!  She is a really keen photographer, so we wandered around slowly and took loads of photos.  There is still a little bit of autumn colour around, although it has not been wonderful this year.









  


3 comments:

Helen said...

I've been loving this Autumn at Kew Gardens, the colours there have been spectacular. Well done on your Christmas preparations... doing better than me!

Karen said...

Not as much autumn color here this year either. I have purchased the first few Christmas gifts, and yesterday I started making the 60+ Christmas cards I'll send out this year. It will be here before we know it!

Patio Postcards said...

What a great catch up. Oh having a encourage photographer friend would be divine, you could pick up lots of tidbits. Having old friends (time wise) is such a blessing & I have two from my childhood that I am still connected with. I like that tree trunk that looks like it is peeling ... good luck with those new to you patterns - I think framing them would be quite fun.