Monday 19 March 2012

The big reveal–Tiny Town!

I have been working hard on this applique quilt throughout the winter.  I am super thrilled with it, and am delighted to give you this Ta-Dah! moment!!

It was a ‘block of the month’ kit from Antique Angel.  I saw it at the Ardingly Quilt Show last year, and fell in love with it immediately.  I love the cute houses and the colour scheme is just gorgeous!  It’s really bright and fresh.  It was designed by Bunny Hill Designs.  Wow!  How I would love to be able to design something like this, and then there’s choosing the fabric!

Each month I received a beautifully wrapped kit for 1 block, with instructions and patterns.  I did keep up at first, but lapsed when I unfortunately cut a background wrong!  (Antique Angel came to the rescue with  a few fresh pieces of fabric).  Since January I have spent most evenings (and some days)sewing!

Now it needs quilting.  I think that might be a job for next winter!  I think I will hand quilt as my machine quilting is not very good, and I don’t want to spoil it.

12.03.19 craft 011

Some of my favourite bits!  See the school background – the red with the flowers?  That’s my backing fabric!  When it’s quilted, each door will have a tiny button handle.

12.03.19 craft 012

I really enjoyed the little bits of embroidery here and there like the branch behind the rabbit.  It really sharpens the images and makes them ‘pop’!

12.03.19 craft 013

I just love Sunbonnet Sue and her little dog!  The dog still needs a ribbon colllar.

12.03.19 craft 014

How about the 3 shops?

12.03.19 craft 01712.03.19 craft 01512.03.19 craft 016

Did I tell you how super thrilled I am with it?Smile

12 comments:

Helen said...

No wonder you're pleased with it - it looks fabulous! Love the bunny - so cute!

Alison said...

No wonder you're thrilled Linda...this is BEAUTIFUL!!..I love it all.talk about supercute.the design and the colours-just everything about it is so special!! TFS!
Alison xx

Burnice said...

It's fabulous Linda. Can't wait to see it IRL. Well done.
Burnice x

Melissa said...

Oh Linda, this turned out FABULOUS! Great job!!

Chicken Licken said...

Oh you should be proud its fab. All those hours of work have really paid off, well done you! xx

scrappyjacky said...

This is gorgeous...and it's going to look even more wonderful when it's quilted.

Alison V. said...

How beautiful and FUN!

Sara said...

That is just the sweetest quilt ever--- these kind of quilts I just adore!

The bunny and puppy are precious:)

Mrsblocko said...

That little bunny makes me smile. Of course if i finished a mega applique quilt like that I'd be doing nothing but smiling. Congrats on your rockin finish!

Denice said...

This quilt is amazing. Thanks for sharing with us on finish it up friday.

Ann Yale said...

Love it-nicely different.

alexa said...

This is stunning! I love the overall look and then the detail and crafting you've carefully put into it makes it interesting up-close too. No wonder you are pleased with it. :)