Saturday 28 April 2012

Week in the life day 5

Gosh!  Day 5 already!!

The weather was much better today, blue skies with white fluffy clouds, and it felt a bit warmerSmile.  Our morning walk was through the park, down to the seafront and back along the prom.  This playground is a happy new addition to our seafront.  How we’d have loved it when our kids were little – it’s just 5 minutes walk straight down to the sea from our house.

12.04.27 week in the life 01412.04.27 week in the life 01812.04.27 week in the life 02012.04.27 week in the life 023

I had a mad 5 minutes, rushing about the house making things look neat and tidy for friends coming for coffee.  My usual Friday morning friends come about 11.30am so lots of time for sprucing up, but today I’d invited some other friends at 10am!  EEK!

But we had a lovely time, drinking coffee and I had even made some cupcakes!

12.04.27 week in the life 027

After lunch I drove over to Brighton to pick up my crafty friend Burnice, and then we drove half way round the M25 (not the best thing to be doing on a Friday afternoon) to Antique Angel, our favourite online quilt shop!  We visited their workroon, made a couple of purchases, then went to a nearby hotel for a ‘trunk show’ by my favourite quilter, Lynnette Anderson!  Here’s me with Lynnette just after she ahs signed her new book for me.  We absolutely loved her talk and she had bought lots of her gorgeous quilts for us to look at and touch and feel.  In fact, we sat for the second half of the talk with one of her quilts on our laps!

12.04.28 week in the life 002

And one day I really will sew a Christmas Quilt, this ‘Scandinavian Christmas’ by Lynette is my favourite at the moment.

12.04.28 week in the life 004

4 comments:

Alison said...

Sounds like a lovely day (apart from the driving!) and that quilt is beautiful!!
Alison xx

Burnice said...

Good pic of you and Lynette!! Thanks for the lift - it was a great evening xx

alexa said...

Yes, the M25 sounds very brave! Your day looks really creatively interesting, and looking forward to your quilting adventures. :)

Shari said...

Sounds like day 5 was wonderful Linda - I love that Christmas quilt! Lovely photo of you and Lynette.