I’ve been wanting to do a review of 2014, especially my dressmaking for a week or two. But I’ve been struck down with a nasty virus, and my head has been so full of ‘fog’ that I couldn’t think straight! So now I’m beginning to feel better, here’s my review of dressmaking and other crafts.
My favourite dress was this purple one, worn for Christmas events. It’s Style Arc Trixie dress, made with purple ponte from Fabricland. I had plenty of help at my dressmaking drop-in with Laura at More Sewing.
Other favourites and most worn:
- Lottie blouse. Free pattern with Love Sewing magazine
- Kimono. Free pattern from Sew Caroline
- Dress made last year and altered to fit since I lost loads of weight
- Staple Dress by April Rhodes. I really didn’t think I’d like this, but it turns out to be really comfortable on hot days!
- Tartan skirt from a Kwik Sew patter. The tartan fabric was very slippery and tricky to sew, and I challenged myself to line it. I made it quite short which I like. It’s too big now and I’m not sure whether I will alter it.
- Deer and Doe Plantain top. I wore this loads last winter, but it is too big now. It’s in my pile of things to alter as it should be quite simple to do.
My least worn items are these:
- Wiksten Tova top. I just don’t like the neck line or how it looks on me. Think I am better with more fitted tops. The second one in green is on my pile to refashion.
- The broderie anglais blouse is lovely and fits really well, but I haven’t worn it as much as I thought I would. It’s because it’s a bit see through!
I made a few other tops that I didn’t blog, and some trousers that I have only worn once and not photographed!
My biggest challenge this year was getting the fit right. And then I lost loads of weight! I am lucky to have 2 fabric/sewing shops close by, and am attending dressmaking drop-in every Tuesday morning at More Sewing. I am loving it! I have loads more confidence to tackle more difficult items now I can get help from Laura.
Other craft successes include:
2 quilts. First one is my scrappy quilt from Sunday Morning Quilts. It still needs backing and quilting. Second one is my own design and was made for a great nephew. The fabric is fabulous! I am not sure you can see it properly in this photo, but it’s retro little boys with rockets and space themed toys.
- I challenged myself to do piping round the edge and put a zip in it.
- Letters cut out using my cricut machine and appliqued on to cushion.
Christmas ornament. A reindeer garland. I really wanted to make more of these but ran out of time!
These were all made for Christmas presents:
- Sew together bag by Sew Demented. It has 3 zippered compartments inside!
- Scrap Happy Purse by Crazy Mom Quilts
- I did follow a pattern for this one but can’t find it now!
- Happy Blanket for MIL
- Owls form Crochet Gifts magazine
- Flower Garden Blanket crocheted throughout the year along side my craft cabin pals
Scrapbooking has taken a bit of a back seat this year. I have completed a Project Life style album for 2014 and
- Completed an album of our holiday to Canada in 2004.
- My mini adventures ‘art journal’
- one swap: Home made project life style cards. These are the cards I made.
All in all it’s been a great year for crafting! I’ll do another post soon about my intentions for 2015.