I’ve had a bit of a clear out in my wardrobe recently. I needed to find room for my new dresses and blouses that I have made! I got it all out and tried everything on. Some of it is Ok, it still fits, despite my weight loss, so those items went back in. Some items, I was just not going to wear anymore, so they have gone to the charity shop and a few of the better items are for sale on eBay. For the rest, I wanted to try and alter them to fit. So last Friday afternoon, I got my sewing machine out and took in several tops and trousers. I even took in some jean style trousers in, undoing the waistband and sewing it back together! I‘m pretty pleased with them! Unfortunately, I didn’t take a before photo, so I can’t show you.
But here’s a dress I also had success with. It’s the first dress I made last Summer. Here I am in it last Summer:
I must admit, I didn’t wear it much as although the fit was quite good, it felt frumpy!
It was too big now I’ve lost all that weight so I took the sides in by quite a lot, and chopped 4” off the bottom. I’ve been wearing it today, and it feels much better!