Wednesday 9 April 2014

Top 5 photos in March

More fog!  We don’t get fog very much here, so I am always ready with my camera when it descends.  Love this atmospheric foggy alleyway or ‘twitten’, and the misty silhouettes of the trees.  I used to walk Merlin along this alleyway and still miss him when I look at this photo.

008007

A scrapbook page of Lucy at 4.  I loved the purple party dress she wore then.  This page was for a weekly challenge on UKScrappers.  Notice the crotcheted blanket on the sofa behind her?  I crotcheted that about 30 years ago!

craft 015

A photo out of the car as we were driving along the tree-lined lanes around Goodwood, Sussex on a lovely sunny day.  The trees are still bare, no sign of spring in this photo.

goodwood 009

Every year I try to get the definitive photo of my daffodils.  Here’s the best I took this year.  I usually show you my photos as they come straight out of the camera with very little adjustment.  This one has been cropped, and contrast and brightness tweaked.  Photoshopping and all that doesn’t really interest me, it’s the taking of the photos that I love!

craft 006

3 comments:

alexa said...

I've enjoyed a little glimpse into your month! The detail in the daffodil is very sharp, and oh, yes, mist is glorious for,photography ...

Alison said...

A lovely selection off photographs...and a nice idea to pick your favourites from the month!
Alison xx

Helen said...

Love your top 5 March pics - especially the daffodil, I'm with you on not "faffing" with photos (got nothing to do with not knowing how to...)