I’ve been participating in a time management class over at www.simplify101.com. The first week’s task was to log my time for 1 whole week. This time, (I’ve already taken the class a couple of times before) I managed to keep up with logging for the whole week fairly accurately. So here’s a pie chart of my week:
- Computer. I broke this down into the various things I do on the computer. By far the most time was checking and posting to forums and message boards. Other things I did: emails, finances, photos, shopping, scrapbook challenges (Shimelle) and looking at blogs
- Dog walking. 2 dog walks per day, usually about 2 hours per day. That’s quite a bit of exercise!
- Housework. Surprised how little time I spent! Includes laundry, bed making, vacuuming, grocery shopping.
- Hobbies. Wow! I didn’t realise I spent that much time!!! This week did include my scrapbook crop on the Saturday which is 8 hours including travel. Includes scrapbooking, sewing, writing and gardening.
- CAB is Citizens Advice Bureau, my voluntary work. Interesting and pleasing that I spent 3 times more on hobbies, and almost double on dog walking!
- Misc includes errands, phone calls, seeing Mum, coffee with friends.
- Grooming and exercise is showers and 2 exercise classes, Pilates and Aquazumba! Both are fairly new to me, but I am enjoying them immensely!
- Evening is getting ready for bed and reading. Also includes 3 hours TV. I don’t watch much TV, but when I do I usually am sewing while watching, so that time is in hobbies.
- There’s not much time dedicated soley to family members! That’s because DH and I go for the evening dog walk together every evening and we usually sit down together about 9pm for TV (and my sewing).
Interesting to see how my week panned out! Looks like quite a good balance. Now I wonder how long it’s taken me to do this analysis!!!