Wednesday 9 March 2011

Tuesday, Wednesday

It has been very cold but bright and sunny so far this month.  Lovely weather for gardening!  The ground is beginning to dry out too, just right for digging.  On Tuesday I finished off the edges of the lawn in the front garden.  I didn’t take a photo, because it will look better when the rubbish is removed and the lawn cut!

 

Here’s my lovely bunch of daffodils peeping over my laptop screen as I type.

garden a day 043

This morning (Wednesday) I have tended this corner of the back garden.  It is underneath the big cedar tree, and slopes down to the lawn.  It is actually quite full and I realised this morning how many different plants there are here!  Some of them are:

  • Black ophiopogen grass
  • vinca major (varigated)
  • centranthus (red valerian)
  • cyclamen
  • holly
  • allium
  • bluebell
  • daffodils
  • crocus
  • iris (miniature)
  • anenome blanda
  • columbines
  • hellebore foetidus
  • geraniums
  • scilla
  • muscari
  • Euonymus
  • Bay
  • pushkinia
  • lady’s mantle (don’t know the proper name!)
  • yellow grass
  • nerine
  • erigeron
  • Lysimachia (loosestrife)

 

Other not so welcome include:

  • bindweed
  • couch grass
  • ivy
  • celendines

 

Not bad for 1 little corner of my garden!

garden a day 046garden a day 048

No comments: