Tuesday 23 March 2010

Monday March 22nd

Bit of a cheat here, cos I have just taken the photo now!  Long story, but last night I took the dog for a walk, just round the block – 30 mins at the most – just as Maurice was going to play squash and Lucy going to work (her new job as a barmaid over on the other side of town).  But when I got back home (7.20pm) I realised that I had picked up the wrong keys!  I had the car key in my pocket not the front door key!  What to do?  I didn’t have my phone on me, but that might not have been any help as Maurice probably didn’t have his phone with him either (he didn’t).  I decided to walk to Lucy’s pub, and get her keys, but when I got to the end of the road, I decided it was too far and then I would have to walk back!  So I thought I would walk to my brother’s house.  It takes about 40 minutes.  As I drew close to his house I chickened out of knocking on his door, I was a bit embarrassed, and me and Merlin were very wet!  And anyway there was nothing else he could do!  I decided to walk back home by which time Maurice should be home soon.  So I arrived back home at 9pm and had to wait about 10 mins for Maurice!  I walked for over 2 hours…… I reckon I deserved my glass of wine!

everyday things 020

2 comments:

Burnice said...

Wally - bet Merlin was knackered !
Burnice x

Jane said...

I think you definitely deserved that wine ;)