Wednesday 4 November 2015

Unplugged!

 

unplugged

This quote I saw on Facebook this morning really spoke to me!  I know this works if our wifi is on a go-slow, we are always unplugging it! 

It’s made me think about what I do to unplug myself. 

20150920_092245

At the moment dog walks are not stress free as we are still trying to get Barney to walk to heel, and he is prone to running off.  The little black dot in this picture is him!  I’m sure in the future dog walking will be a good unplugging!

DSC_7933

I unplug in the evenings by watching tv for an hour or so with something to do with my hands, simple crotchet for example.  Here’s my latest blanket, the Mixed Stripe blanket from www.littlewoolie.blogspot.com 

DSC_7777

And there’s gardening!  A recent study has found that people with allotments are much less stressed and healthier.  I’m guessing that works for gardens too.  My routine is to take Barney outside for about 1 hour each lunchtime and I garden, he likes to dig with me!  It’s nice when he just potters about.  The fresh air does us both good!

What do you do to unplug?

8 comments:

Louise H said...

Like most of us probably not enough - but scrap booking and reading would be my unplugging. I find the hours disappear without me even noticing them.

helena said...

a useful rule for modern life. Like you I unplug with walks, TV and crochet and also reading. Love your 2 Barney comments - the dot in the distance and pottering in the garden

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I love the quote at the top of your post, Linda. SO true!!! I unplug with mandalas and yoga, but I sure haven't been doing enough of that lately. Maybe this weekend...

Barbara said...

Dog walking is my usual unplugging, my dog is very calm and thankfully she gets on well with other dogs. I also knit or crochet, I find it very relaxing.

Patio Postcards said...

That is a great quote. I have to say this week I unplugged myself with a massage & some time outside in the garden is always good. Yesterday (Nov 4th) we set temperature records for Nov 4 at 21(c) so the garden was wonderful.

Karen said...

Reading and sketching are the first things I do. Love the colors in your blanket---and the variety of stitches.

alexa said...

Those colours in your crochet are so lovely together - I found it calming just to look at :). Himself always says with iffy technology 'Turn it off, and turn it on again", and it usually does work. Funnily enough, I have been thinking about the need for more unplugging, so your post is very apposite.

Shari said...

Love the quote, and your post Linda. I must admit that I don't unplug enough, and I need to. I have actually been thinking about doing it more, so I enjoyed reading your post. Food for thought for me :-)