Sunday 20 September 2015

Scavenger Hunt 2015 - A rather pathetic attempt!

Oh dear!  I don’t seem to have done very well with this year’s scavenger hunt!  I offer you a rather pathetic attempt, just half of the items.  I offer no excuse, except to say that my mind has been on other things, ie Barney the puppy!

Anyway, I thought I would show you what I have.  All are taken with my phone, which is very handy as I have it with me all the time, but the quality is not up to usual standard.

1 Bouquet of flowers – picked from my garden back in August. Don’t you love the grass that explodes like a firework!

DSC_7583DSC_7584

 

3 A person walking a dog – an easy one to get!  Here’s Maurice walking Barney on the beach and in the countryside

20150821_19552320150830_110934

7 A turtle – one of Barney’s squeaky toys!

DSC_7582

9. A tent – a play tent at the Hampton Court Flower Show.  Reminds me of the one in the film ‘The Holiday’ so cute!

20150703_150937

 

14. A traffic signal – a really bad phone picture from the car!

20150809_104840

15 A flag pole with 3 flags.  This is perhaps my favourite picture!  5 flags, Scotland, Wales, the Union Jack, England and European Union on Worthing seafront.  The memorial is for soldiers who fought in the Boer War.

DSC_7516

16. A panoramic view from the top of the Portsdown Hills overlooking Portsmouth Harbour, with the Isle of Wight in the background

20150809_141709

17 2 or more people wearing uniforms.  Here are a samba band that were playing on the front at Littlehampton on the August bank holiday weekend.  Looks like fun!

20150829_153930

18.  An overloaded truck or car.  Another bad photo taken out of the car window!

20150809_102446

19.  A natural body of water.  The river Arun at Littlehampton again at the bank holiday weekend.  You can see how grey the weather was!

20150829_154843

20. A ticket booth.  I give you 2!  One is the entrance to Hampton Court Flower Show, and the other is at the fair on the seafront here in Worthing

 

20150703_115121

DSC_7520

I did have ideas for the rest of the photos, but just didn’t get out to photograph them.  For example, we have a metal footbridge over the railway just down the road, along with several mobile phone masts!  And I really should have got a photo of our local college with its colourful window shades!

Thanks to Rinda for coming up with such a great list again, and I look forward to doing better next year!

8 comments:

Helen said...

Great to see some shots of places I recognise!! I enjoy these scavenger hunts from my computer; maybe one time I'll try and join in!!

Julie Kirk said...

You may not have found them all, but what you have found captures that mix of shots I like to try and find too:: some themes that you just stumble upon in daily life and others that vividly capture a particular memorable event of your summer.

I've got my final round up post scheduled for tomorrow. :-)

alexa said...

That exploding grass in indeed spectacular! And I really like your samba-istas :). It's been very interesting to see things from another part of the country.

Sian said...

It doesn't matter a bit what your final tally is: it's all in the getting out and looking for things I reckon. And you found lots of flags! Plenty of us failed at that one

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

I see I'm in good company here. I could have got several others, but just didn't seem to find the time or inclination. Too much else going on around here this summer. Ah well. We can certainly cheer each other next year :-)

Susanne said...

The fun is in the hunt, and seeing the world around us a bit differently. I think you captured some rather interesting ones.

Sandie said...

Some great photos there Linda. I took part in this challenge too, I look forward to it every year. It's fun isn't it!

Maria Ontiveros said...

All attempts welcome!
And I really like the tent.
Rinda