Wednesday 14 December 2011

A very grown-up tree

13.12.11 Christmas 01113.12.11 Christmas 012

 

We have a very ‘grown up’ Christmas tree these days.  DD decided we should go ‘colour-coordinated’ several years ago, so we bought gold and bronze ornaments, and ditched the old mis-matched ‘childish’ ornaments.  I have to say it does look fabulous, especially with the lights all twinkling and reflecting in the shiny baubles!

But… this year DD didn’t want to dress the tree with me, so I had to do it all by myself!  Probably for the first time in 20 odd years!!!  All these years we had decorated the tree together and while our Disney CD ‘Mickey Mouse’s Christmas’ played loudly from the stereo.  How I missed that this year!

And now it’s done… well, it looks beautiful, but in a shop window sort of way, not in the handmade red, white and green that I would prefer.  Oh well – maybe if I make enough ornaments during the year, I can decorate it my way next Christmas!

5 comments:

Alison said...

It's beautiful LInda...the rrest of your room looks fabulous too!
Alison xx

Sian said...

It's very elegant! Maybe you could start taking it year about? We have a grownup one downstairs and a family one upstairs - the kids like to decorate, but they also like to leave the de-construction to me after they go back to school!

Gem's Crafts said...

Your tree looks very pretty :) you could always add some more colourful ornaments to it?

Chicken Licken said...

Aww you sound so sad :( It looks very pretty though!

Shari said...

Gorgeous tree Linda - I love the gold and bronze decorations. Your home looks lovely.