Thursday 29 September 2011

Finishing off

The quilt I am making is awaiting wadding to be purchased before I can go any further with it, so I decided to finish off some UFOs:

 

The union jack was started well before the Royal Wedding, but only just now made into a cushion!  The middle cushion with the red border was a project taught by Lynette from The Stitch Witch at a recent Worthing Patchworkers meeting.  It is a technique called shadow quilting, organza overlays the middle, and we all designed our own ‘Baltimore’ pattern.

Behanid the cushions is a blanket I am crotceting, using up all the random bits of wool Mum has given me.  Unfortunately it looks very random!  I now want to buy some wool colours that go together better!

craft 112

Another recent project that has been on our to-do list for ages, was to print and frame some holiday photos for our lounge.  These photos are of Venice, Rome and Prague.

craft 116

Finally, here’s a winter wallhanging, started ages ago!  It was almost complete, just waiting to be framed.  But in the end I decided to bind it and I will use it as a table runner perhaps?  I might sew some beads on it – or I might just put it away in the cupboard!

craft 129

Thanks to my friend Sue, I found a new website with online craft courses!  It’s My Creative Classroom, and I decided to take the Bind-it-all class.  Here’s a peek at what I have made so far:

First off, a little BIA instruction book.  Lots of practice with punching and binding!  It’s a great course with lots of tips along the way.

craft 122

Secondly, here’s a little 4” x 4” book with some ingenious pocket and fold out pages.

craft 124craft 125craft 126craft 127craft 128

6 comments:

Shari said...

Love all of your projects Linda - that Union Jack cushion is awesome! Your photo collage on the wall looks great too. You have inspired me to get cracking with the Bind It All projects too :)

scrappysue said...

ooooh Linda, what a fabby collection of finished projects; GO YOU! Especially love the Union Jack cushion and your Bind It All books. Looking forward to making my 4 x 4 book when I can think of a purpose for it! Glad you are enjoying the class, it is rather stonking! x

Chicken Licken said...

OOoooo look at those lovelies! Love the cushions, and that blankets grown quickly too. And that 4x4 book is fabby too!!

Alison said...

haven't you been busy?...wonderful projects...especially love the cushions!
alison xx

alexa said...

My goodness, I can't believe how wide your talents are! I love your little winter scene especially. Am i think I need to take that class - I only know how to punch holes with my BIA! :)

RNBsmom said...

Those pillows are beautiful. And that mini book - gorgeous. I especially love that red.