A page for my ‘52 walks’ album 2010. This is my favourite page so far! I love the muted colours of the paper and the design – thanks Shimelle, it’s one of yours!
- I started this page with a selection of photos, background cardstock and then chose the sketch. As it is a 2 photo sketch I discarded 1 other photo, which will not be forgotten, it will go in the 6 x 4 pockets on the facing page.
- Next I sorted through my pile of patterned paper which are ‘leftovers’ from my Cocoa Daisy kits, and chose 2 pieces. Sorry I can’t remember which manufacturer they are, maybe Crate Paper?
- I chose the pink Thickers (foam letter stickers) for the title. I have loads of ‘part’ sets of alphabet stickers left, most of them without the letter ‘e’ now! So this ‘e’ is made from a ‘c’ and a hyphen. Originally the title was just ‘Beach’, but I thought it looked better balanced with ‘walk’ added down the bottom.
- The red and yellow flower is included in the sketch, and I was considering adding more flowers across the top. Playing around with them, I realised how well they go with the paper and added them down the side.
- Journalling reads ‘Down West Avenue, south towards the sea. Through marine gardens. The gardens are looking good this time of year – I love the red crocosmia! Along the sand at low tide, Merlin running about with glee!