Saturday 23 April 2011

Glorious sunshine!

(For the benefit of my new blog reader, I live in a small town called Worthing on the South Coast of England, about 50  miles away from London.)

 

What fabulous weather we are having this week!  It is not yet the end of April and we are in shorts and t-shirts, everyone is on the beach and having barbeques.  Our normal average temperature for this time of year is around 15 degrees Celsius, and here we are in the middle of a heat wave (25 degrees +) that we would be happy to have in June or July!  It is even really warm in the evening – warm enough to sit outside until it gets dark.  What a fabulous surprise for our long Easter weekend!

 

So we took a walk this afternoon down to the beach, through the park where they were playing bowls:

beach 074beach 076

Along the beach…. there goes the safety boat!

beach 078beach 079

Right into the centre of town where the safety boat was back on the ramp after it’s patrol along the shore!

beach 092

11 comments:

JO SOWERBY said...

ah worthing my old stomping ground as a teen. i lived in storrington and went to worthing for films, theatre, shopping etc. i passed my driving test there and did alot of driving around. my singing teacher lived in lancing and i still have a friend from school who lives there too,
Jo xxx

Tracy said...

Lovely pictures, enjoy the sunny weather.

Becky said...

The pictures are lovely - enjoy the weather and the Easter weekend :)

Denise said...

Lovely photos - just popping over from Shimelle's class :-)

Sara said...

I am stopping by from Shimelle's class. I love your gorgeous photos!

Helen said...

Great photos, I was along the coast in Pagham yesterday visiting my Mum. Got caught in the rain on the way home though!!

CoventryAnn said...

Lovely photos, you are so lucky to live by the seaside.

Lorraine said...

Don't you love this weather. Thanks for visiting.

Alison said...

Worthing looks lovely in the sun! Thanks for your comment on my blog....I was indeed offered some chocolate,which helped soothe my ragged nerves!-Hope you've had some too. I got my Eater Egg this morning and am just about to post a pic of it!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda

Thank you for you kind birthday wishes for Gracia. I love your photos and Worthing looks such a lovely place to live.

alexa said...

Looks positively tropical with that palm tree! Glad you are clearly out and about in the sunshine ...