Sunday 28 February 2010

Saturday 27th February

Phew!  My busy week is over!  I spent over 12 hours out of the house today – something I very rarely do.  I caught the 7.30am train out of West Worthing to get me into London by 9.15am for the Who Do You Think You Are? exhibition in Kensington Olympia.  I was  manning our Anglo-Italian Family History Society stand.  We had a very busy day, loads of enquiries at our stand, and people dying to tell us their stories!  It is a great day, but exhausting!  Especially after the other things I have done this week.

wdytya 002

wdytya 004

These are the 2 members who helped me today.  Lorraine on the left shares the same great-great grandfather as me – Giovanni Fumagalli, who came over from Italy in the 1870s!  Not sure what relation we are, cousins 3 times removed or something like that!  On the right is Kathy.  We packed up our stand about 5pm, so I didn’t get home until nearly 7.30pm!  Luckily I had prepared the dinner on Friday, so all Maurice had to do was cook some vegetables, and we relaxed with a couple of glasses of red wine and the winter Olympics on the telly!

No comments: