Sunday 15 April 2012

A Page of the Day and a Town Walk

Yesterday I went to my monthly scrapbook crop in Brighton.  Each month we have a theme and we all vote for the ‘page of the day’.  Yesterday’s theme was Dance.  My original idea was to scrap some old photos of Lucy in her ballet outfit practising her pointe in the lounge.  But I can’t find them on the computer!  I wasted an hour or more on Friday trying to find them.  So what to do? 

Flicking through some photos in my ‘garden’ category I found these photos of fuschias.  They always remind me of little ballerinas!

12.04.15 steyning 002

Sketch by Shimelle (of course!) from her pretty paper party class, and notice the ink spray – that’s something I don’t do very oftenSmile.  I am happy to say this won our page of the day competition!

We decided to do another ‘town walk’ this morning.  Before we ventured out the sun was shining and there were fluffy little white clouds in a blue sky – perfect for photography!  Unfortunately, by the time we arrived in Steyning a little town a few miles to the north of Worthing, the clouds were more grey than white, and there was less blue sky showing!  Consequently, my photos aren’t the best I have ever taken!

Steyning has some gorgeous old buildings, here’s some views of the High Street:

12.04.15 steyning 00512.04.15 steyning 006

We love this pub!  It’s one of a few old fashioned pubs that hasn’t been turned into a bijou resturant.  It does do food, we were very tempted by the Sunday Roast £10 for 2 courses, but I already had a roast dinner planned at home today.

12.04.15 steyning 007 - Copy12.04.15 steyning 008

Like many market towns in Britain, there are lots of cute shops like this:

12.04.15 steyning 009

And of course, we had to walk down Dog Lane!

12.04.15 steyning 01212.04.15 steyning 013

We ended our walk in a lovely park where Merlin had a lovely run, and drunk our flask of coffee, and ate hot cross buns.  Lovely!

3 comments:

Alison said...

That is certainly a winning LO Linda...it's fab!...and I do miss cute little shops like that one!
Alison xx

Chicken Licken said...

Super LO Linda! Well done for winning!!!

alexa said...

Many congratulations on your win - well deserved! I will always think of fushias as dancing, now! Looks as if you had a lovely explore ...