Friday 20 September 2013

Last few items for Scavenger Hunt 2013

Rinda set us another fabulous Summer Scavenger Hunt this year.  I have posted most of my photos already, but here are the last few:

A Fisherman.  Driving home this afternoon I noticed that the tide was high so parked my car to go and see if there were any fisherman.  Here’s one lonely chap!

craft 003

Someone taking a nap.  Here’s Maurice on Highcliffe beach a couple of weeks ago.  We took a day trip to our favourite ever place!  It’s just south of the New Forest and where we’d like to retire to.  We can but dream!

highcliffe 001

An airplane.  Mum and I went to a garden last week, which is right next door to a gliding club.  There is a tiny glider in this picture, I promise!

garden and craft 009

A Windmill.  I wanted to do something a bit different so bought this child’s windmill at the garden centre.  It now sits cheerfully on my kitchen windowsill.

garden 003

A sunset.  Not my best sunset photo!

sunset 002

Me with a craft tool.  Here I am at my sewing machine, a much used craft tool recently.

craft 007

1. Open air market
2. Theater for performing arts (not a movie theater)
3. City Hall, Capitol or other similar civic building
4. Airplane
5. A sunset
6. Someone or something taking a nap
7. A sign that is intentionally or unintentionally funny
8. A tower
9. A photo with someone or something that is clearly out of place or doesn't belong
10. A bench that is outside
11. An animal in a zoo, aquarium, nature preserve, etc.
12. A cloud in the shape of something (please specify what you see)
13. A fence
14. A stained glass object or a mosaic
15. A fire truck or police car
16. A windmill
17. Candle(s)
18. Your local pub/bar, coffee house or tea shop
19. A fisherman
20. A dinosaur
21. A photograph of you with an artistic tool or craft supply (you cannot substitute for this item)

So I finish the challenge 1 photo short.  I have not been able to get a photo of an animal in a reserve or zoo.  No zoos around here for miles!  But thanks Rinda for such a lot of fun, and I look forward to next summer’s challenge!

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Linda I think your sunset photo is great - I see a pair of Angel wings in the clouds.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Great job Linda! I love seeing the photo of you at your machine, but I really, really love the atmosphere of your fisherman.
I just posted the link-up, so come on over and be the first one! Also add a comment with your number completed.
Rinda

Karen said...

My fave is the fisherman, but I also love the shot of you at your sewing machine. It's fun to see where all of us work!

~*~Patty S said...

Lovely seeing your photos ...
If I were visiting that beach I would be very distracted by all of those lovely rocks :)
Great idea on the child's windmill too!
oxo

helena said...

Well done. Love the fisherman shot

Eileen T said...

I love the fisherman photo and your take on a windmill.

glitterandglue said...

Well done, Linda. Beautiful photos. You have a real "eye" for photography.
Margaret - glitterandglue

Lesley G said...

That's such a cute windmill :)
Well done on your photos :)

Ladkyis said...

You have an angel in your sunset picture! isn't that beautiful!

BJ said...

Great windmill. BJ

Sian said...

I missed out on that one too! I love your sunset and that fisherman picture has a lovely relaxing feel to it. Good stuff.

scrappyjacky said...

I have quite a similar beach fisherman photo.....taken in a similar way as well!!

furrypig said...

some lovely scavenger snaps and that windmill is sooooo cute!!

Andy said...

Hi Linda, I too can see a pair of wings in your sunset photograph. What a wonderful artist space you have with amazing natural light. Have a great weekend.

Susan said...

I love that sunset too! It's so very unique.

Miriam said...

I think your sunset picture is lovely, and it has an angel in it! Love the fisherman shot too.

The Mann Fam said...

I like your snail cloud. I never found a cloud shape so I had to use one of Rinda's substitutes.

Jane said...

some great photos, love the one of you

Jen said...

Oh I love your sunset photo - and seeing you at your sewing machine is tempting me to get mine out again! J x

Susanne said...

Great snaps. And I may have said this before, but I'm envious of those tall pretty windows where you craft. You did good on the hunt, congrats.

Kat said...

Loving all those photos, Linda - specially the mural! Amazing!

Karen said...

Great photos Linda. Well done for nearly photographing everything on the list. I didn't manage everything either. :-(

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

It was fun to see your photos, Linda, and I really love the one of you at your sewing machine in front of those beautiful windows!