Friday 31 May 2013

Yarn Tales

Two projects made from wool finished!

First a crotcheted blanket for my niece’s baby girl:michelle and ian 003michelle and ian 006michelle and ian 009

I used a pattern by Nicki Trench.  This pattern appeared in her book ‘Cute and easy Crotchet’, but I found it in issue 2 of the magazine Simply Crotchet.  I added the treble border.  The blanket measures about 36” square.  My niece was really pleased with itSmile

I have been trying to improve my knitting.  I am very much a beginner, so my crafty friends Tash and Burnice helped me!  Here’s a 4 patch cushion I made.  Burnice knitted 2 of the squares, and Tash did 1.  See that cable block on the first photo (bottom right), that’s my first go at cabling, so I am really pleased!

craft 001craft 002

We used the book: 200 knitted blocks by Jan Eaton.  (I have the crotchet one too!)  Knitted in Arran wool.

Finally, (not yarn related), but here’s a picture of Tash and Burnice our second sewing day for the charity quilts, here at my house on Tuesday:

craft 008

We just about finished this scrap quilt – backed with blue fleece, and I have been quilting the other one this morningSmile

5 comments:

onshore said...

The balnket looks really sweet. I'm not amazed they liked it.

That is a nice idea to make a pillow from the test knits. I just usually unravel those.

helena said...

beautiful colours on the blanket and I love the idea of a patch cushion for trying different patterns - well done on your 1st cable

Chicken Licken said...

Love your cushion Linda! Looks like Burn is cutting up our quilt!!

alexa said...

Those cushions are just lovely - such great textures. I like the idea of knitting blocks, as that feels as if it might be within my capability! Though I could never attempt the cable - well done!

Karen said...

I've never learned to crochet, but wish I knew how. The baby blanket is beautiful, but I adore the white on white pillows!